• Number of cylinders: 4
  • Fuel: Gasoline
  • Transmission: manual 4 speed
  • Drive type: FWD
  • Interior color: Gray
  • Drive side: Left-hand drive
  • Options: CD Player
  • Vehicle Title: Clear

1988 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon Doka Double Cab Vw Transporter Volkswagon Description

You are bidding on an extremely rare garage kept 88 Volkswagen Double Cab Transporter in the sought after slate blue. I am a long time volkswagen collector/restorer and this is the one in my collection I said I would never sell. Well the time has come. I have a syncro camper that has taken priority in the garage and this one is just not getting enough attention.

This Double cab was completely restored and painted inside and out. You would be very hard pressed to find a doka that has been restored to this quality level. Many hours were invested into professionally restoring the body/gates, paint and mechanics of this truck. Absolutely everything was removed inside and out for fresh two stage paint using all 3m and Ppg products. All seams on vehicle were restored and seam sealed. All rubber is oem rubber from germany. Since restoration this double cab has never been driven in the rain and is always garage kept.

The stock engine was completely torn down and rebuilt from the stock 2.1 to an upgraded 2.2 engine by Rocky Jennings with just under 1000 miles on the rebuild. The engine is very powerful and starts effortlessly first turn of the key. I have no problem climbing hills in this van. All engine tin, intake and runners were powdercoated. Door handles and all gate hardware were sandblasted and painted, All gate hinges were replaced with new pins and clips. Radiator and all coolant lines were replaced and filled with phosphate free coolant. Fuel tank was resealed and all fuel lines were redone. Van has stock fuel injection which has no issues and all new injectors, fuel pump and air flow meter were replaced as well. Also has rebuilt throttle body with upgrades. Exhaust and all hardware were replaced. Suspension was upgraded to Koni adjustable shocks. Trans was overhauled and painted. Upgraded vw alloy wheels with BFG tires. Brakes are stock.

I upgraded the interior front seats to the westfalia armrest seats for added comfort. Custom made door panels by sewfine to match. Alpine stereo setup with 6 speaker setup and two JL subwoofers custom installed under rear bench seat. Stereo is bluetooth and has microphone for handsfree driving. This stereo system is amazing. It's quiet when you want it to be but I have used it at car shows to broadcast music for the whole event. All interior panels were soundproofed and really makes this van quiet and great for music and a quiet driving experience.

Everything works as it should. Passenger seat has small hole on seat cushion, no headliner and passenger rear door lock is missing lock cylinder. I will let the pictures speak for themselves this is a once in a lifetime chance to own a vw double cab in better than new condition. Please buy this before I change my mind.